Peace Corps Kyrgyzstan

Saturday, December 17, 2005

.My Peace Corps Colleagues Rock!!!

Peace Corps Volunteers in Osh have contributed significantly to the Center for American Studies (CAS). Every volunteer in Osh has donated time, energy or resources (including books, sports equipment, cd/tape player, headphones, USB connectors, DVDs, educational CD-ROMs, etc.) to CAS. As a result of Peace Corps Volunteers’ contributions and my local colleagues’ commitment to improving the Center, CAS has become one of the most popular places in Osh for students and educators to meet, read, study and discuss (in English) all things Western.

Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes out to the recently departed K11 PCVs, the enduring and highly respectable group of K12s (my group) and the newly arrived and devoted K13s. The Center would not be what it is today without the dedication that these Volunteers have shown. Thank you all and Happy Holidays!

Speaking of Holidays, I will be returning to the U.S. for a visit over Christmas and New Years. I am extremely excited to reunite with my family and friends and spend time with my wonderful girlfriend Solena. If you would like to get in contact with me between December 26-29th I can be reached at (814) 255-6028; from January 1st—9th I can be reached at Solena’s home at (651) 695-9292.

Take care and see or talk with you soon.

Sincerely,

Larry Tweed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home